PrePITstop diabetes 3-day foundation course focusing on essential type 2 diabetes and prediabetes management in primary care.
Outline of content
This 3-day multidisciplinary diabetes foundation course focuses on the core diabetes services and care provision for people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes and emergency management for people with type 1 diabetes. It is aimed at healthcare professionals working in primary care who want to work as a team to improve diabetes services and patient outcomes using structured care pathways.
- Classification and accurate diagnosis
- Diabetes screening for at risk groups
- Day to day living choices
- Encouraging referrals to the Diabetes Prevention Programme and Structured Education
- The oral diabetes medication pathway and related subjects (DVLA, hypoglycaemia, monitoring, concordance, individual target setting)
- Managing illness
- The provision of essential diabetes care using structured care pathways
- Cardiovascular disease prevention, including blood pressure, lipid and kidney management
- Eye screening and diabetes eye complications
- Emotional and mental health
- The foot assessment, foot advice and appropriate referral
- Preconceptual counselling and family planning advice (self-directed learning)
- Case studies: putting it into practice
- Use of audit to improve outcomes
- Individual registration for live, online courses. Cost for individual registration is £330.00 (online course price). Go to our shop page to register or find out the course dates
- Courses can be commissioned live online or locally to you. The national team will travel to a venue of your choice and deliver the course. Registration will be open to invited healthcare professionals in the local vicinity. To commission a course a minimum of 12 students is required and a maximum 30, a quote can be provided
3 days of face-to-face sessions. Duration 19.5 hours.
We recommend days 1 and 2 are together with day 3 approximately 1 month later. Students have access to a paper workbook and interactive pdf workbook.
- GP, GP trainee, Practice Nurse, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Community Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist and Paramedic wanting to become involved in diabetes provision
We recommend a team approach to diabetes service provision, so team members attending together is encouraged
To commission a local course please contact us for an individual quote based on number of students and location.
Cost for individual registration is £330.00 (online course price)