PrePITstop diabetes 1-day key message course focusing on essential type 2 diabetes and prediabetes management in primary care.
Outline of content
This 1-day multidisciplinary diabetes course takes the key messages from the popular 3-day PrePITstop course and delivers them in a 6.5-hour programme. It focuses on the core diabetes services and care provision for people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes and emergency management for people with type 1 diabetes. It is aimed at healthcare professionals working in primary care who want to work as a team to improve diabetes services and patient outcomes using structured care pathways.
- Classification and accurate diagnosis
- Diabetes screening for at risk groups
- Day to day living choices
- Encouraging referrals to the Diabetes Prevention Programme and Structured Education
- The oral diabetes medication pathway and related subjects (DVLA, hypoglycaemia, monitoring, concordance, individual target setting)
- Managing illness
- The provision of essential diabetes care using structured care pathways
- Cardiovascular disease prevention, including blood pressure, lipid and kidney management
- The foot assessment, foot advice and appropriate referral
- Individual registration is available for online courses. The courses are run live over zoom. Cost for individual registration is £156.00 (online price only)
- Courses can be commissioned live online or locally to you. The national team will travel to a venue of your choice and deliver the course. Registration will be open to invited healthcare professionals in the local vicinity. To commission a course a minimum of 12 students is required and a maximum 24
Courses are currently being delivered live, online. Duration 6.5 hours
1 day of face-to-face sessions. Duration 6.5 hours
Students have access to a paper workbook and interactive pdf workbook.
- Practice Nurse, Community Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist and Paramedic with previous diabetes experience/training. The 3-day PrePITstop course is better suited to a new-to-practice Nurse, Paramedic or Pharmacist.
- GP, GP trainee, Advanced Nurse Practitioner
We recommend a team approach to diabetes service provision, so team members attending together is encouraged
To commission a local course please contact us for an individual quote based on number of students and location.
Cost for individual registration is £156.00 (online price only).