PITstop SUPPORT 1-day diabetes course focuses on supporting people with type 2 diabetes already on GLP-1 and insulin therapy. A great next step after a PrePITstop course.
Outline of content
This new 1-day multidisciplinary diabetes course focuses on supporting people with type 2 diabetes already on injectable therapies. We refer to resources from the popular PITstop advanced course, as well as new resources and case studies.
- when to consider GLP-1s or insulin
- the PITstop GLP-1 care pathway
- the common insulins used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- the PITstop insulin general rules, including insulin titration
- the review appointment: subjects related to insulin
- Individual registration for live, online courses. Cost for individual registration is £153.60 (online course price). Go to our shop page to register or find out the course dates
- Courses can be commissioned live online or locally to you. The national team will travel to a venue of your choice and deliver the course. Registration will be open to invited healthcare professionals in the local vicinity. To commission a course a minimum of 12 students is required and a maximum 24
Courses are currently being delivered live, online. Duration 6.5 hours
1-day of face-to-face sessions. Duration 6.5 hours
Students have access to a paper workbook and interactive pdf workbook.
- GP, Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist and Paramedic (working as part of a practice diabetes team), already providing a diabetes service, having attended a PrePITstop course, or equivalent.
To commission a local course please contact us for an individual quote based on number of students and location.
Cost for individual registration is £153.60 (online course price).